I’m going to stick to crafty/ life goals for this post as I have MILLIONS (yes millions) of side hustle/ work goals and this post would rapidly turn into a 10,000 word book if I included those too!
Now that I’m reading over what I’ve written, I realise these are also autumn goals in general…it’s a lot for October and it’s already the 5th with no progress made!
1. Finish what I have started!
I have several projects on the hooks/ needles/ in the queue that have been on the go since the start of this year. I’m fed up of them to be quite frank. I want them off my needles before I cast on anything new.
Here’s what I have on the go at the moment:
- Grey chunky knitted sweater
- Grey Fisherman’s Rib knitted sweater
- Green knitted tunic
- Crocheted top
- Halloween granny square blanket
- Knitted blue baby cardigan
- Chunky knitted hat in the round
- Top down knitted sweater in natural fibres
- Knitted lace cowl
And in my sewing queue are bags mostly…a few patterns and a few zipper bags. As well as another Tilly and the Buttons cardigan in a plain fabric.
So. What to focus on?
- Halloween Blanket – 2 more balls of black yarn to use up for the border. It’s chunky weight yarn so will crochet up quite quickly.
- Knitted baby blue cardigan – got the right front, sleeves and collar to do. Won’t take too long once I get started but it’s a lace pattern so I have to concentrate which is what’s been putting me off!
- Green knitted tunic – I’m working in the round now, bottom up. Once I fix my tension problems, I’ll be able to go quite fast on this one.
- Chunky knitted hat – Did about 6cm of this in the round at work one day! Shouldn’t take too long to finish.
And then we’ll see what happens after that!
I want those 4 things done at least this month!
2. Christmas Socks
I have 3 balls of Christmas sock yarn and ideally, I’d like at least one pair of socks for Christmas this year. The yarn is thin and takes ages for me to knit a sock, so we’ll see. But I want to make a pair of socks and before I can do that, I have to finish at least ONE THING on the list above.
There’s just no room for loads of project bags otherwise!
So, I would like to be casting on a pair of Christmas socks near the end of October, if possible!
3. Use up other crafty things
I have a leather handbag to sew up.
Another cotton bag to ice dye (cannot get plastic ice cube bags for love nor money locally).
Lots of recipes to try. Flours and other dry ingredients in the cupboard to use up!
Finish the last book on my shelf to read – The Testaments by Margaret Atwood. At least I can read the book in my breaks at work!
I think a general goal could be to just do a bit of some of the above! Start the book, sew a little bit, bake some bread…
So, there you go. Just some things I want to do this month.
You’d think that by writing this all down and putting it out into the world, that I’d be more accountable to myself and would ‘get shit done’.
What usually happens is that I write a blog post like this, life happens and I need to change my plans and do something else instead!!
I get sick, I’m too tired, I do more hours/ different shifts at work…
For example, last week I did a night shift, so the next day I had planned to write a bit was completely out because I was sleeping! The week before I had the Monday off for the Queen’s funeral…I was so tired from health complications I did nothing!
So, life can almost get in the way sometimes. Of both side hustle and crafty plans…but at least by writing this in the first place, I’m trying to prioritise what’s most important/ urgent and get a little something done.
Hope you’re having a good Wednesday and talk soon x