A few weeks ago I posted a few crafty goals for March, let’s see what I’ve been able to get done shall we?
I think I may have been a little bit ambitious with the amount and the size of these goals, though!
I’ve been busy with work and I was ill the last week of March, so although last week I got lots of knitting done, I haven’t really been focussing on crafting.
I finished a book last night by Isaac Asimov called The Gods Themselves, so I’ve also been doing reading too. So little time to do all the things!
- Do something with denim fabric I got for Christmas – maybe a bag?
- Find a skirt or top pattern for the dark denim I bought myself a few weeks ago.
- Use up old wool fabric for a draught excluder (the front door is VERY chilly!).
- Use up old fat quarters and zips and make some zipper bags.
- Go through all my sewing patterns and get rid of the ones I am realistically never going to use!
NOPE! Haven’t done any sewing and in all honesty I probably won’t do any at all this month…they roll over to April Goals!
- Work more on my grey top in Fisherman’s Rib. I’ve done a few inches on the front but I’ve put it aside for a few weeks as I’ve been working so much!
- Try and finish a sock that I cast on a while back, literally only a few cm done on the top cuff rib at the moment.
- I cast on a green sweater a few weeks ago and haven’t touched it since, so, try and do the rib at the bottom as it’s on quite small needles so might take a while.
- Sock yarn shawl – just do a few rows, it’s getting long to finish a row now.
- Measure and design a top down sweater with aran natural fibre I got for Christmas. Or just find the right pattern!
I’ve done more on the 1st and 3rd points, even getting onto the main body pattern for my green sweater, yet I’ve hardly done any more on the others.
Finish pink and purple granny square blanket. Not much yarn left, so just finish what I have for a few more rows and then see what size it is!FINISHED!
- Do some more on my bright pink and blue granny square blanket, not much done so far.
- Finish top piece of my crochet top. I’m crocheting the front, which has the sleeves and yoke bit all in one if that makes sense? So, it’s taking a little while to do a single row, but it’s looking good so far!
- Make a hat with scrap yarn.
I started another crochet blanket which sort of took over all of my crochet headspace. That’s about 2/3 done and I did manage to finish a baby blanket out of scrap yarn (1st point above) so that was good!
- Ice dying kit to do with fabric.
- Leather handbag to pick up and sew together with saddle stitch. All the pieces are dyed and ready to go.
- Get back into baking bread again, haven’t done any in AGES!
NOPE to all of the miscellaneous items!
Too many projects mean not much progress with many.
Also, I started extra projects that weren’t on the list which takes away from the intended goals.
I cast on another granny blanket and a baby knitted hat with spare yarn and sent them to Knit For Peace. The pics below were all donated, as well as some I didn’t take photos of:
My main priorities now are my green and grey knitted tops. And a new chunky knitted top I recently cast on.
I want to get back to my crochet top too.
Everything else can wait!!!
Except…I did buy a pattern for a v-neck tank top (or sweater vest, whatever you want to call it) from Petite Knits and I REALLY want to cast that on too…
No, concentrate on finishing what I have on the go already before I cast on any more…but it’s hard!