It’s funny that my last post was almost a month ago…so much for posting every day in February!
But, you know what? Life got busy and I had a lot of hours at work last month and when you get in late at night, you just don’t feel like blogging…or doing much else at all!
But, this week I’m off and I’m back to writing and blogging with a vengeance, so what better at the start of a new month to set some goals? I love reading other people’s goals posts, yes, I’m sad like that!
So, what do I want to achieve with my crafting first of all, and then what do I want to get done with life and everything else?
I’m saying goals for March, but let’s face it, some of these will probably roll over into April or even May!
- Do something with denim fabric I got for Christmas – maybe a bag?
- Find a skirt or top pattern for the dark denim I bought myself a few weeks ago.
- Use up old wool fabric for a draught excluder (the front door is VERY chilly!).
- Use up old fat quarters and zips and make some zipper bags.
- Go through all my sewing patterns and get rid of the ones I am realistically never going to use!
- Work more on my grey top in Fisherman’s Rib. I’ve done a few inches on the front but I’ve put it aside for a few weeks as I’ve been working so much!
- Try and finish a sock that I cast on a while back, literally only a few cm done on the top cuff rib at the moment.
- I cast on a green sweater a few weeks ago and haven’t touched it since, so, try and do the rib at the bottom as it’s on quite small needles so might take a while.
- Sock yarn shawl – just do a few rows, it’s getting long to finish a row now.
- Measure and design a top down sweater with aran natural fibre I got for Christmas. Or just find the right pattern!
- Finish pink and purple granny square blanket. Not much yarn left, so just finish what I have for a few more rows and then see what size it is!
- Do some more on my bright pink and blue granny square blanket, not much done so far.
- Finish top piece of my crochet top. I’m crocheting the front, which has the sleeves and yoke bit all in one if that makes sense? So, it’s taking a little while to do a single row, but it’s looking good so far!
- Make a hat with scrap yarn.
- Ice dying kit to do with fabric.
- Leather handbag to pick up and sew together with saddle stitch. All the pieces are dyed and ready to go.
- Get back into baking bread again, haven’t done any in AGES!
Work/ Life Goals
- Schedule a week’s worth of posts in advance for this blog and on Medium. I’ve neglected both a little bit recently.
- Get up to 500 designs on RedBubble by the end of March (I’m about halfway there already).
- Get up to 50 designs on Society 6, oh what a pain it is to upload on that site!
- Launch my 2 other blogs I have waiting in the wings…just how am I going to find the time to write so much content?!
- Do more with Pinterest.
- Publish my book which is about 2/3 done, most of the printables are done I just need to do the actual writing, like the introduction and conclusion etc.
- Launch/ ope my Etsy store with printables to download and print yourself at home.
- See more of my home county! I feel like there are lots of places in Yorkshire that I haven’t been to even though I’ve lived here for years!
- Do more Yoga – either DVDs or from Youtube.
- Do something physical, either cycling, or go to the gym. The ‘worry’ about going to the gym is starting to ease a bit now the pandemic is lessening (is that the word?).
- Finish all the books on my shelf. Only 5 to read and I’m halfway through one.
What I really want to do this year is use stuff up.
Read all my books and either donate or sort out somehow those that I’m not likely to read again etc.
Use up my wool and fabric stashes before buying any more of either. There is literally NO ROOM for any more!
Just make some space and get rid of the old things that are taking up space and that I’m fed up of!
I’m making headway on that already. I’ve already made a bright neon cowl that I started to crochet on my lunch break at work and finished at home the next day. I just have a tiny bit of neon wool left now and I’m not sure what to do with that. I’d love to crochet a pair of wrist warmers but I don’t think there’s enough yarn left!
Anyway, that’s my rough goals for March. It’s a lot, but it’s all doable as long as I plan my time carefully and get motivated!
What are your plans for this month?
Aside from relaxing and taking time for yourself of course!
The grey fisherman’s rib sweater progress below as well as books I’m reading now, a crochet blanket I’m nearly finished and my sock yarn shawl progress!