Cross-Stitch Sampler Finished and Framed
This is the first piece of cross-stitch I have finished in several years, technically it’s not only the first of the year but of the DECADE too!
I wanted to do something different, usually I go for big and complicated pieces, this was a smaller, quicker piece and was WRITING!!
I have never done this type of sampler before, but I was looking for something, dare I say, motivational! :O
I am feeling in a bit of a permanent rut at the moment, so I thought I would get something ‘motivational’ to stitch and put it somewhere I could see it in my everyday life. I completed it over maybe 4 or 5 evenings this past week and it was actually really nice to get back to a hobby I haven’t done in a while.
I used up some Aida fabric from my stash that I had lying around for ages (still got loads left!) and some leftover threads from previous projects, so all I bought was the downloadable pattern from an Etsy shop called Stichrovia.
Here is the link to the shop if you want to buy yourself something similar – I love the bigger patterns she does, like the Yin and Yang one and some of the kitchen samplers. I can’t help thinking a lot of them would be good to stitch and then sew up into cushion covers! :0
I realise that with the colours I had, the word BOLD looks like it has American cheerleader colours…oh well!
A cheap frame from Wilkos and just ignore the few creases you can still see, would you believe I actually ironed this? It’s the first piece of finished cross stitch I have ever ironed in my life, since once I finish them they tend to go in a folder and get forgotten about. I think the creases would come out if I actually washed it too…but it’s not so bad if you look at it from a certain angle.
On the whole I’m pleased with it. I did think about doing it in pinks and purples, which I kind of wish I had done, but I do like the bold colours too…buying a one-off pattern for a couple of pounds is definitely the way forward now, as when I buy magazines, I never seem to do (or even like) many of the patterns. And it was really easy to buy and download and print off the pattern…very simple to do and use.
The pattern was four sheets of A4 and it shrinks down to just one when you stitch it up! 🙂
[This post contains affiliate links which means if you click the link and make a purchase, I get a small commission of that purchase at no extra cost to you!]